Blog 23: Reflect on your plans fro revision , based on Feedback you received from your group

Schizophrenia is a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes and by a deficit of typical emotional responses. Common symptoms include auditory hallucinationsparanoid or bizarre delusions, or disorganized speech and thinking, and it is accompanied by significant social or occupational dysfunction. The onset of symptoms typically occurs in young adulthood, with a global lifetime prevalence of about 0.3–0.7%. Diagnosis is based on observed behavior and the patient’s reported experiences.

Having said what the disorder is two books that deal with this disorder in similar and different ways can show and can help educate parents, family or friends who may know someone that has this disorder. Some can say that this disorder can change a person completely and not knowing what the person can do or not. This too many psychologists is a dangerous disorder that is too risky to completely prevent it from going any further. Through some research I did on my own; I went to a hospital in Brooklyn to see how a patient who has schizophrenia lives is completely different from a patient who has bi polar disorder or depression. The doctors at that hospital told me it’s hard for them to give them there medicine every morning because of the lack of trust they have for the doctors and nurses. They feel like they are out to get them or someone is trying to hurt them because of the medicine the nurses are giving them. To patients who have this disorder it is very normal to feel like this.

For my revision I could see that I was using valuable information but my paper was turning into a psychology paper rather than a Literature paper. When I saw that happening because my group pointed it out to me I realized  needed to take a lot of it out and cut and copy things into the proper places. Of course I still wanted to keep a lot of the Stat for interesting reading. I sat down with Harvey’s element worksheet that you gave us at the beginning of the semester and each time I found an element in my paper I highlighted it. For example when I figured out what my thesis would be I highlighted it. Basically it showed me exactly what I had in the paper and what I was lacking. I thought that was the best way to proof read as well as structure my paper into different parts. (Part 2) I know I only handed in 5 pages as a draft because I was so confused on what to write. I love psychology so basically of course I wanted my paper to be insanely driven with that as the theme. I had to take step back and realize I needed to take the love I have for that subject and add literature to the just of things. Yeah it was really hard for me to do. I did work on it day in and day out. Each time I looked at it, I made suggestions and realized it could be a better paper each time. I seriously appreciate the feedback. I think it was a positive way of telling us Hey you aren’t there yet. Work on these things and you will write an awesome paper. I think coming close to good enough was not what I wanted to do. I wanted to make this paper so filled with details and making sure the reader knew exactly how I felt about this overall theme and background that I choose